May 11, 2018
PapGene, Inc. is a Baltimore-based molecular diagnostics company commercializing high-complexity laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for cancer diagnostics. PapGene’s core technology uses innovative massively parallel sequencing (MPS) techniques invented by world-leading cancer researchers at Johns Hopkins University. The position can be fulfilled in Baltimore or greater Boston area.
The Bioinformatics Scientist will help develop and automate analysis pipelines for genomics data. The scientist will also help build reporting pipelines using data analytic quality control features to standardize reports for various applications. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work at the cutting-edge of the cancer diagnostics industry, and expand their skills in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- MS/PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science or a related field with expertise in database management systems (e.g., SQL) and commonly used bioinformatics languages and packages (e.g., Python and R/Bioconductor).
- Strong knowledge of molecular biology and cancer genetics.
- 2-3 years of industry experience (preferably a clinical laboratory) in MPS data analysis, desired but not required.
- Web development experience preferred but not required.
- Independent, well organized and collaborative with clear communication skills.
To be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com and include a cover letter explaining why you think your background is a good fit for this job description.
© 2017 PapGene, Inc.
Share this Post